Water Damage Restoration
Water damaged homes can become unsafe for living due to mold or weakened structures. Hiring a professional restoration company will get your property back to its original condition, thanks to:
- Getting an accurate and quick estimate of water damage to the insurance company
- Staff trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification
- Electricians to ensure safety of a flooded building
There are many steps that must be taken to ensure proper and complete restoration to the affected areas in your home. After a flood, proper water extraction is a must. Your insurance company will be able to provide you with the name of a water extraction professional. Hidden water that is not properly removed can cause lasting structural damage, as well as allow the growth of mold. Often this includes removing base molding, water damaged walls, and wet insulation.
Preventing Mold After Water Damage
One of the biggest concerns of water damage is preventing the growth of mold. Even if you do not see mold growing on the painted wall surfaces, you should be concerned on what is on the opposite side since the inside of the walls typically have perfect conditions for mold growth. We can help with mold prevention by:
- Use moisture meters to search for hidden damage
- Make recommendations if materials need to be replaced or can be repaired
- Removing the contaminated materials
- Repairing any materials that were damaged by mold
If a sudden, unforeseen problem such as weather, floods, or even frozen pipes causes water damage to your home, you should contact your insurance company immediately. Several insurance companies throughout Virginia recognize us as a top professional damage restoration company. We can work directly with your insurance agent or adjuster to provide emergency and damage assessment.